WBJMinistries

11/8/16

Malevolence

Habakkuk 3:1-6

A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. Onshigionoth.[a]
Lord, I have heard of your fame;
    I stand in awe of your deeds,Lord.
Repeat them in our day,
    in our time make them known;
    in wrath remember mercy.
God came from Teman,
    the Holy One from Mount Paran.[b]
His glory covered the heavens
    and his praise filled the earth.
His splendor was like the sunrise;
    rays flashed from his hand,
    where his power was hidden.
Plague went before him;
    pestilence followed his steps.
He stood, and shook the earth;
    he looked, and made the nations tremble.
The ancient mountains crumbled
    and the age-old hills collapsed
    but he marches on forever.

Amos 4:4-8

“Go to Bethel and sin;
    go to Gilgal and sin yet more.
Bring your sacrifices every morning,
    your tithes every three years.[a]
Burn leavened bread as a thank offering
    and brag about your freewill offerings
boast about them, you Israelites,
    for this is what you love to do,”
declares the Sovereign Lord.
“I gave you empty stomachs in every city
    and lack of bread in every town,
    yet you have not returned to me,”
declares the Lord.

“I also withheld rain from you
    when the harvest was still three months away.
I sent rain on one town,
    but withheld it from another.
One field had rain;
    another had none and dried up.
People staggered from town to town for water
    but did not get enough to drink,
    yet you have not returned to me,”
declares the Lord.

Psalm 52:8

But I am like an olive tree
    flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
    for ever and ever.


Psalm 113:4-6
The LORD is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth?
Acts 17:27
that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
Matthew 6:6
"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Job 34:21
"For His eyes are upon the ways of a man, And He sees all his steps.



No comments: