WBJMinistries

2/27/12

Fulfilling Grace

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Traditionally, as we have seen, the family was a self-sufficient productive unit. Survival was far more difficult outside of families, so members remained economically bound to one another, family members no longer need one another for basic necessities families are still somewhat interdependent economically, as long as marriage continues to offer practical benefits, economic interdependence will help hold marriages together.

The economic practically of marriages varies, advocating sovereign " self-determination" for people to establish who they are in Christ. When I first started to talk about God, my friends, started avoiding me and treating me like an ugly step-child. They teased me and accused me of things I would never dream of doing. They said, " You are in it for the money. What's your problem? Even though God was what they all wanted the most, they made me out to be bad because I wanted to know God.

I would tell them, " I am not into money. I just know God is the creator of heaven and earth. I even offered to show them how to do the same for themselves, praying, reading, worshiping. They would not see it that way. People some how suddenly perceived me as a different person because I have a different spiritual status.

No comments: