WBJMinistries

9/26/12

During the course of his second missionary journey,Paul came to Corinth and founded the church in that city. While there he labored in the craft of tent making,so that he would be free to preach the gospel without relying on the people for support. For I am the man who has seen affliction under the rod of his wrath; he has driven and brought me into darkness without any light, surely against me he turns his hand again and again the whole day long,he has made my flesh and my skin waste away, and broken my bones; he has besieged and enveloped me with bitterness and tribulation; he has made me dwell in darkness like the dead of long ago. He has walled me above so that I cannot escape, he has put heavy chains on me, though I call and for help, he shut out my prayers; he has blocked my way with hewn stones, he has made my path crooked....He was despised and rejected b by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief and as one from wwhom men hide their faces he was despise, and we esteemed him not surely, he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows, yet, we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. Questions about God and happiness, so all-important fo believers, include at least three. One does God want human beings to be happy? Two are humans able to become happy in this world? Three is God in support of scientific and psychological programs for obtaining happiness? Resolve and commitment can be acknowledged as resources of the inner life and should never be underestimated i f it is formless, like consciousness, the meaning of having parts can be considered to be of interdependent origination because we can refer to space as having parts and we can think about a particular space with reference to specific objects and directions. When Mitch Miller died in July 2010, most people remembered him as the man who invited everyone to sing along, On his popular 1960's TV program Sing Along with Mith,an all-male chorus sang well-loved songs while the words appearedon the screen so viewers could join in. A Los Angeles Times obituary citef Miller's belief that one reason for the program's success was the appeal of his chorus "I always made a point of hiring singers who were tall, short,bald, round, fat, whatever-everyday-looking guys."From that unified diversity came beautiful music in which everyone was invited to participate

No comments: