WBJMinistries

4/3/12

Living for righteousness

Remembering the story of Job and his friends may help us when we don't know what to say. 


Lord, give me sensitivity to people in their grief and pain, to weep with them and show your love in ways mere words cannot attain, when someone's grieving-listen, don't lecture.


But Job answered and said, hear diligently my speech, and let this be your consolations suffer me that I may speak, and after that I have spoken, mock on. As for me, is my complaint to man? and if so, why should not my spirit be troubled? Mark me, and be astonsihed, and lay your hand upon your mouth even when I remember I am afraid, and trembling taketh hold on my flesh wherefore do the wicked live,become old,yea,are mighty in power? 


Their seed is established in their sight with them, and their offspring before their eyes. Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod  of God upon them. Therefore they say unto god, depart from us, for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways. What is the almighty, that we should serve him? and what profit should we have, if we pray him. 


Hast thou marked the old way which which wicked men had trodden? which were out down out of time, whose foundation was overthrown with a flood which said unto God. Depart from us and what can the almighty do for them? Yet he filled their houses with good things, but the counsel of the wicked is far from me. Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. 


If thou return to the almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from they tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as stones of the brooks. Yea, thou shalt have thy delight in the almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God. Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows. 


Thou shall decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee, and the light shall shine upon thy ways sadly, only a few among the billions of people in this world make such a choice.

No comments: