WBJMinistries

7/14/24

Smile Sugar Sandal Sunday - Happy Sabbath Day!💜

Miḵah (Micah) 6:1-16 
[1] Hear now what יהוה is saying, “Arise, strive with the mountains, and let the hills hear your voice. [2] “Hear, O you mountains, the controversy of יהוה, and you everlasting foundations of the earth! For יהוה has a controversy with His people and He shall reprove Yisra’ĕl. [3] “My people, what have I done to you? And how have I wearied you? Answer Me, [4] for I brought you up from the land of Mitsrayim, and I ransomed you from the house of bondage. And I sent Mosheh, Aharon, and Miryam before you. [5] “My people, remember, please, what Balaq sovereign of Mo’aḇ counselled, and what Bil‛am son of Be‛or answered him, from Shittim to Gilgal, in order to know the righteousness of יהוה.” [6] With what shall I come before יהוה, bow myself before the high Elohim? Shall I come before Him with ascending offerings, with calves a year old? [7] Is יהוה pleased with thousands of rams or ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my first-born for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my being? [8] He has declared to you, O man, what is good. And what does יהוה require of you but to do right, and to love loving-commitment, and to walk humbly with your Elohim? [9] The voice of יהוה cries to the city – and let sound wisdom see Your Name! “Hear the Rod and Him who appointed it! [10] “Are there still treasures of wrongness in the house of the wrong, and the short measure that is an abomination?” [11] Would I be innocent with wrong scales, and with a bag of false weights? [12] “For her rich men are filled with cruel unrighteousness, and her inhabitants have spoken falsehood, and their tongue is deceit in their mouth. [13] “So I also, I shall strike you with a grievous wound, to lay you waste because of your sins: [14] “You shall eat but not be satisfied, and your inside be empty. And you shall store up but not save, and what you save I shall give to the sword. [15] “You shall sow but not reap, you shall tread the olives but not anoint yourselves with oil, and make sweet wine but not drink wine. [16] “For the laws of Omri are strictly observed, and all the works of the house of Aḥab, and you walk in their counsels. Therefore I give you for a ruin, and your inhabitants for a hissing, and let you bear the reproach of My people.”


No comments: