WBJMinistries

10/31/23

The Restful Soul

‭‭Berĕshith (Genesis)‬ ‭2:7‬ ‭
[7] And יהוה Elohim formed the man out of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils breath of lives. And the man became a living being. 

According to Genesis 2:7 God did not make a body and put a soul into it like a letter into an envelope of dust; rather he formed man’s body from the dust, then, by breathing divine breath into it.

He made the body of dust live, i.e. the dust did not embody a soul, but it became a soul – a whole creature.
I have always known the soul is the spiritual essence of a person, which includes one’s identity, personality.

And memories, an immaterial aspect or essence of a living being that is believed to be able to survive physical death. The concept of the soul is generally applied to humans, though it can also be applied to other living or even non-living entities.

 As in animism. The search for the soul is seen to have been instrumental in driving the understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the human body, particularly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurology.

 In the two dominant conflicting concepts of the soul – one seeing it to be spiritual and immortal, and the other seeing it to be material and mortal, both have described the soul as being located in a particular organ or as pervading the whole body.

 I wasn’t sure about how to attend the soul. Until my big sister’s death took me on a journey. We grew up on the Eastside of Manhattan, N.Y. And she was the matriarch of the family.

 She had lots of friends both white and Hispanic. She spoke fluent Spanish. She introduced me to new foods. Such as Knishes, stuffed clams and white pizza. She was staying in another borough when she passed away. 

Later I was staying in that same borough. And one day as I was driving back from an appointment. Something was leading me. When I thought of making a turn something said.

 No, keep straight,when I thought about taking a left something said no, make the right. The next thing I know. Something said look. I looked on my left and there was the hospital my sister died in.

 I was not really sure about it or where it was because as I said before we were born and raised in Manhattan,N.Y. As I sat there I felt her spirit come to me. It felt like I had come there for the specific reason of picking up her soul.

 I can remember how I felt her presence for a week. Today a song sparked her presence again, this time. It was with joy and gladness, now I kinda understand why one of the rules of the armed forces in our country is to bring the body back home.

 I believe it’s a soul thing. As I traveled downtown my sister’s soul felt completely at rest. I can’t explain how I know. I just know. Doing things for the happiness of your soul, matters. 

As I walked through areas I have walked many years before. I couldn’t help smiling. My soul was being fed. Recently two quantum scientists have claimed that they can prove the existence of the soul.

Aquantum entity that acts as the program for the computer of our brain, and exists independently of the physical body after death. 

One psychologist says that the concept of soul is merely an extrapolation we make based on the duality that we experience between body and consciousness.

No comments: