WBJMinistries

5/14/24

No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. Carl Jung

Tehillim (Psalms) 119:1-176 
[1] Aleph Blessed are the perfect in the way, Who walk in the Torah of יהוה! [2] Blessed are those who observe His witnesses, Who seek Him with all the heart! [3] Yes, they shall do no unrighteousness; They shall walk in His ways. [4] You have commanded us To guard Your orders diligently. [5] Oh, that my ways were established To guard Your laws! [6] Then I would not be ashamed, When I look into all Your commands. [7] I thank You with uprightness of heart, When I learn the right-rulings of Your righteousness. [8] I guard Your laws; Oh, do not leave me entirely! [9] Bĕt How would a young man cleanse his path? To guard it according to Your word. [10] I have sought You with all my heart; Let me not stray from Your commands! [11] I have treasured up Your word in my heart, That I might not sin against You. [12] Blessed are You, O יהוה! Teach me Your laws. [13] With my lips I have recounted All the right-rulings of Your mouth. [14] I have rejoiced in the way of Your witnesses, As over all riches. [15] I meditate on Your orders, And regard Your ways. [16] I delight myself in Your laws; I do not forget Your word. [17] Gimel Do good to Your servant, Let me live and I guard Your word. [18] Open my eyes, that I might see Wonders from Your Torah. [19] I am a sojourner in the earth; Do not hide Your commands from me. [20] My being is crushed with longing For Your right-rulings at all times. [21] You rebuked the proud, cursed ones, Who are straying from Your commands. [22] Remove from me reproach and scorn, For I have observed Your witnesses. [23] Though princes sat, speaking against me, Your servant meditates on Your laws. [24] Your witnesses also are my delight, My counsellors. [25] Dalet My being has been clinging to the dust; Revive me according to Your word. [26] I have recounted my ways and You answered me; Teach me Your laws. [27] Make me understand the way of Your orders; That I might meditate on Your wonders. [28] My being has wept from grief; Strengthen me according to Your word. [29] Remove from me the way of falsehood, And favour me with Your Torah. [30] I have chosen the way of truth; Your right-rulings I have held level. [31] I have clung to Your witnesses; O יהוה, do not put me to shame! [32] I run the way of Your commands, For You enlarge my heart. [33] Hĕ Teach me, O יהוה, the way of Your laws, And I observe it to the end. [34] Make me understand, that I might observe Your Torah, And guard it with all my heart. [35] Make me walk in the path of Your commands, For I have delighted in it. [36] Incline my heart to Your witnesses, And not to own gain. [37] Turn away my eyes from looking at falsehood, And revive me in Your way. [38] Establish Your word to Your servant, Which leads to the fear of You. [39] Turn away my reproach which I dread, For Your right-rulings are good. [40] See, I have longed for Your orders; Revive me in Your righteousness. [41] Waw And let Your loving-commitments come to me, O יהוה; Your deliverance, according to Your word, [42] So that I answer my reprover, For I have trusted in Your word. [43] And do not take away from my mouth The word of truth entirely, For I have waited for Your right-rulings; [44] That I might guard Your Torah continually, Forever and ever;[45] That I might walk in a broad place, For I have sought Your orders; [46] That I might speak of Your witnesses before sovereigns, And not be ashamed; [47] That I might delight myself in Your commands, Which I have loved; [48] That I might lift up my hands to Your commands, Which I have loved; While I meditate on Your laws. [49] Zayin Remember the word to Your servant, On which You have caused me to wait. [50] This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life. [51] The proud have utterly scorned me, I did not turn aside from Your Torah. [52] I remembered Your right-rulings of old, O יהוה, And I comfort myself. [53] Rage has seized me because of the wrong Who forsake Your Torah. [54] Your laws have been my songs In the place of my sojournings. [55] I have remembered Your Name in the night, O יהוה, And I guard Your Torah. [56] This has become mine, Because I have observed Your orders. [57] Ḥet You are my portion, O יהוה; I have promised to guard Your words. [58] I have sought Your face with all my heart; Show me favour according to Your word. [59] I have thought upon my ways, And turned my feet to Your witnesses. [60] I have hurried, and did not delay To guard Your commands. [61] The cords of the wrong have surrounded me, Your Torah I have not forgotten. [62] At midnight I rise to give thanks to You, For Your righteous right-rulings. [63] I am a companion of all who fear You, And of those guarding Your orders. [64] O יהוה, Your loving-commitment has filled the earth; Teach me Your laws. [65] Tet You have done good to Your servant, O יהוה, According to Your word. [66] Teach me good sense and knowledge, For I have trusted in Your commands. [67] Before I was afflicted I myself was going astray, But now I have guarded Your word. [68] You are good, and do good; Teach me Your laws. [69] The proud have forged a lie against me, With all my heart I observe Your orders. [70] Their heart has become like fat, Without feeling; I have delighted in Your Torah. [71] It was good for me that I was afflicted, That I might learn Your laws. [72] The Torah of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of gold and silver pieces. [73] Yod Your hands have made me and formed me; Make me understand, that I might learn Your commands. [74] Those who fear You see me and rejoice, For I have waited for Your Word. [75] I know, O יהוה, That Your right-rulings are righteous, And in trustworthiness You have afflicted me. [76] Please let Your loving-commitment be for my comfort, According to Your word to Your servant. [77] Let Your compassions come to me, That I might live, For Your Torah is my delight. [78] Let the proud be put to shame, For with lies they perverted me; But I study Your orders. [79] Let those who fear You turn to me, And those who know Your witnesses. [80] Let my heart be perfect in Your laws, So that I am not put to shame. [81] Kaph For Your deliverance my being has pined away, For I have waited for Your word. [82] My eyes have pined away for Your word, Saying, “When would it comfort me?” [83] For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, Your laws I have not forgotten. [84] How many are the days of Your servant? When do You execute right-ruling On those who persecute me? [85] The proud have dug pits for me, Which is not according to Your Torah. [86] All Your commands are trustworthy; They have persecuted me with lies; Help me! [87] They almost made an end of me on earth, But I, I did not forsake Your orders. [88] Revive me according to Your loving-commitment, That I might guard the witness of Your mouth. [89] Lamed Forever, O יהוה, Your word stands firm in the heavens. [90] Your trustworthiness is to all generations; You established the earth, and it stands. [91] According to Your right-rulings They have stood to this day, For all are Your servants. [92] If Your Torah had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. [93] Let me never forget Your orders, For by them You have given me life. [94] I am Yours, save me; For I have sought Your orders. [95] The wrong have waited for me to destroy me; I understand Your witnesses. [96] I have seen an end of all perfection; Your command is exceedingly broad. [97] Mem O how I love Your Torah! It is my study all day long. [98] Your commands make me wiser than my enemies; For it is ever before me. [99] I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your witnesses are my study. [100] I understand more than the aged, For I have observed Your orders. [101] I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I might guard Your word. [102] I have not turned aside from Your right-rulings, For You Yourself have taught me. [103] How sweet to my taste has Your word been, More than honey to my mouth! [104] From Your orders I get understanding; Therefore I have hated every false way. [105] Nun Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. [106] I have sworn, and I confirm, To guard Your righteous right-rulings. [107] I have been afflicted very much; O יהוה, revive me according to Your word. [108] Please accept the voluntary offerings Of my mouth, O יהוה, And teach me Your right-rulings. [109] My life is in my hand continually, And Your Torah I have not forgotten. [110] The wrong have laid a snare for me, But I have not strayed from Your orders. [111] Your witnesses are my inheritance forever, For they are the joy of my heart. [112] I have inclined my heart to do Your laws Forever, to the end. [113] Sameḵ I have hated doubting thoughts, But I have loved Your Torah. [114] You are my hiding place and my shield; I have waited for Your word. [115] Turn away from me, you evil-doers, For I observe the commands of my Elohim! [116] Support me according to Your word, That I might live; And put me not to shame Because of my expectation. [117] Sustain me, that I might be saved, And always look to Your laws. [118] You have made light of all those Who stray from Your laws, For falsehood is their deceit. [119] You have made to cease All the wrong of the earth, like dross; Therefore I have loved Your witnesses. [120] My flesh has trembled for fear of You, And I am in awe of Your right-rulings. [121] Ayin I have done right-ruling and righteousness; Leave me not to my oppressors. [122] Guarantee Your servant’s well-being; Let not the proud oppress me. [123] My eyes have pined away for Your deliverance, And for the word of Your righteousness. [124] Do with Your servant according to Your loving-commitment, And teach me Your laws. [125] I am Your servant – make me understand, That I might know Your witnesses. [126] It is time for יהוה to act! For they have broken Your Torah. [127] Therefore I have loved Your commands More than gold, even fine gold! [128] Therefore all Your orders I count as right; I have hated every false way. [129] Pĕ Your witnesses are wonders; So my being observes them. [130] The opening up of Your words gives light, Giving understanding to the simple. [131] I have opened my mouth and panted, For I have longed for Your commands. [132] Turn to me and show me favour, According to Your right-ruling, toward those who love Your Name. [133] Establish my footsteps by Your word, And let no wickedness have rule over me. [134] Redeem me from the oppression of man, That I might guard Your orders. [135] Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your laws. [136] Streams of water have run down from my eyes, Because they did not guard Your Torah. [137] Tsadi Righteous are You, O יהוה, And Your right-rulings are straight. [138] You have commanded Your witnesses In righteousness and truth, exceedingly. [139] My ardour has consumed me, For my adversaries have forgotten Your words. [140] Your word is tried, exceedingly; And Your servant has loved it. [141] I am small and despised; I have not forgotten Your orders. [142] Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth. [143] Distress and anguish have found me; Your commands are my delight. [144] The righteousness of Your witnesses is forever; Make me understand, that I might live. [145] Qoph I have called with all my heart; Answer me, O יהוה! I observe Your laws. [146] I have called upon You; Save me, that I might guard Your witnesses. [147] I rise before dawn, and cry for help; I have waited for Your word. [148] My eyes have gone before the night watches, To study Your word. [149] Hear my voice according to Your loving-commitment; O יהוה, revive me according to Your right-ruling. [150] Those who pursue mischief have drawn near; They have been far from Your Torah. [151] You are near, O יהוה, And all Your commands are truth. [152] Of old I have known Your witnesses, That You have founded them forever. [153] Rĕsh See my affliction and deliver me, For I have not forgotten Your Torah. [154] Plead my cause and redeem me; Revive me according to Your word. [155] Deliverance is far from the wrong ones, For they have not sought Your laws. [156] Your compassions are many, O יהוה; Revive me according to Your right-rulings. [157] My persecutors and adversaries are many; I have not turned aside from Your witnesses. [158] I saw traitors and was grieved, Because they did not guard Your word. [159] See how I have loved Your orders, יהוה, revive me according to Your loving-commitment. [160] The sum of Your word is truth, And all Your righteous right-rulings are forever. [161] Shin Rulers have persecuted me without a cause, But at Your word my heart stood in awe. [162] I rejoice at Your word As one who finds great treasure. [163] I have hated falsehood and loathe it, Your Torah I have loved. [164] I have praised You seven times a day, Because of Your righteous right-rulings. [165] Great peace have those loving Your Torah, And for them there is no stumbling-block. [166] יהוה, I have waited for Your deliverance, And I have done Your commands. [167] My being has guarded Your witnesses, And I love them exceedingly. [168] I have guarded Your orders and Your witnesses, For all my ways are before You. [169] Taw My cry comes before You, O יהוה; Make me understand according to Your word. [170] Let my prayer come before You; Deliver me according to Your word. [171] My lips pour forth praise, For You teach me Your laws. [172] My tongue sings of Your word, For all Your commands are righteousness. [173] Your hand is a help to me, For I have chosen Your orders. [174] I have longed for Your deliverance, O יהוה, And Your Torah is my delight. [175] My being lives, and it praises You; And Your right-rulings help me. [176] I have strayed like a lost sheep; Seek Your servant, For I have not forgotten Your commands.


No comments: