WBJMinistries

8/5/24

The Margin Of Macroeconomics In The Market Monday

Mishlĕ (Proverbs) 1:1-33 

[1] The proverbs of Shelomoh son of Dawiḏ, sovereign of Yisra’ĕl: [2] For knowing wisdom and discipline, For understanding the words of understanding, [3] For receiving the discipline of wisdom, Righteousness, right-ruling, and straightness;

 [4] For giving insight to the simple, Knowledge and discretion to the young. [5] The wise one hears and increases learning, And the understanding one gets wise counsel, [6] For understanding a proverb and a figure, The words of the wise and their riddles. [7] The fear of יהוה is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and discipline.

 [8] My son, heed the discipline of your father, And do not forsake the Torah of your mother; [9] For they are a fair wreath on your head, And chains about your neck. [10] My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in.

 [11] If they say, “Come with us, let us lie in wait for blood, Let us ambush the innocent without cause. [12] “Let us swallow them alive like She’ol, And entirely, like those going down to the pit. [13] “Let us find all precious goods, Let us fill our houses with spoil. 

[14] “Cast in your lot among us, Let us all have one purse,” [15] My son, do not walk in the way with them, Keep your foot from their path; [16] For their feet run to evil, And they hurry to shed blood. 

[17] For in vain the net is spread In the sight of any bird. [18] But they lie in wait for their own blood, They ambush their own lives. [19] Such are the ways of everyone greedy for gain; It takes away the life of its owners. [20] Wisdom calls aloud outside; She raises her voice in the broad places.

 [21] At the head of the noisy streets she cries out, At the openings of the gates, In the city she speaks her words: [22] “How long, you simple ones, Would you love simplicity, And shall scoffers delight in their scoffing, And fools hate knowledge? [23] “Turn at my reproof. 

See, I pour out my spirit on you, I make my words known to you. [24] “Because I called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one inclined, [25] “And you spurned all my counsel, And would not yield to my reproof, 

[26] “Let me also laugh at your calamity, Mock when your dread comes, [27] “When your dread comes like a storm, And your calamity comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you. [28] “Let them then call on me, but I answer not; Let them seek me, but not find me.

 [29] “Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of יהוה, [30] “They did not accept my counsel, They despised all my reproof, [31] “Therefore let them eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own counsels.

 [32] “For the turning away of the simple kills them, And the complacency of fools destroys them. [33] “But whoever listens to me dwells safely, And is at ease from the dread of evil.”


No comments: